Child-Centered Solutions In Family Law
Family law problems are emotional, challenging and potentially life-changing – particularly for children.
The Law Office of Karen M. Holman, PLLC, helps parents and caregivers understand what factors the court will consider in determining what is in the child’s “best interests” and designs legal strategies to assist them in advocating for the safety and well-being of children.
Family Law Solutions To Protect What You Care The Most
I help individuals through their legal issues and guide them to understand their options, make informed decisions and reach agreements for their family. I also serve as a guardian ad litem in the commonwealth, which privileges me to speak for, and on behalf of, children and advocate for their best interests.
I am ready to address your legal needs in the following:
- Legal counsel and representation through contested and uncontested divorce procedures
- Thorough guidance regarding what to expect in child support calculations and what a judge considers income
- Custody and visitation rights according to the child’s best interests and preferences
- Advisory through the marital assets division process and Virginia’s equitable distribution system
- Enforcement and modification of orders regarding child support and custody
When I take on your case, I will make the most of this opportunity to help you build solid legal foundations for protecting your rights as a parent, and advocating for your child’s best interests.