The Legal Help You Need In Family Formation
Some of us are determined to have children and make that a milestone in our lives. However, the road to parenthood may be more complex than we have ever imagined. In some cases, couples and individuals need more than expert medical assistance to help them achieve their dream of a loving family with children – they also need the guidance of a knowledgeable lawyer.
I am attorney Karen Anderson Holman, and I help individuals in Virginia navigate the legal processes required to welcome a child into their families through alternative family formation paths. I have experience in these concerns at procedural and legal levels and know the heartbreak involved. However, I also know you have options, and I will help you navigate each of them.
Compassionate And Experienced Assistance Through The Procedural Nuances
Perhaps one of the most important decisions in a lifetime is to become parents. You have made your choice; let me help you with the rest. Regardless of your marital status, your wish to become a caring and loving parent is what really matters to me. As we discuss your situation, I will explain which path is more suitable according to your circumstances and what you can expect from the process.
At The Law Office of Karen M. Holman, PLLC, in Winchester, I am ready to assist you with the following:
- Legal paperwork and matters related to assisted reproduction technologies, including all contracts, from egg donation to surrogacy, and review of all related documents
- Negotiation and drafting of agreements for surrogacy services and assistance in matters such as ensuring your names are on the child’s birth certificate
- Drafting of contracts and agreements involving the donation of gamete (eggs, sperm) or embryos to avoid legal pitfalls
- Legal counsel and representation through the adoption process, including interstate, same-sex and single-parent adoptions
- Assistance to update your estate plan after the new addition to your family is official, including development a plan to protect your child’s welfare in case of a parent’s death or incapacitation
I understand that the process may be complex, but my priority is to collaborate with you to make your dream come true. I am a fierce advocate for children, and I will gladly work with you to bring a child to a loving and caring home and to protect the child’s rights in family law cases.
Contact Me Today To Discuss Your Options
Call 540-431-4275 or send me an email to thoroughly discuss your options and protect your rights in whichever option you choose to form your family. Let me assist you in the process of building a family.